The Health Alliance Hospital and Research Center was designed as a progressive medical complex delivering specialized care to an underserviced population in New Delhi. The eight-story building with basement is designed specifically for cardiovascular services. The summary program for design is as follows:
- 6 O.R.s
- 4 Cath Labs & C.T. Scan
- 4 Preparation & 6 Recovery Rooms
- 80 Cardiac Care Unit Beds
- Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, & Blood Bank
- E.R. & Rehab Center
- Morgue & Autopsy Facility
- Diagnostic & Physician’s Offices
- Auditorium, Administration, Cafeteria, & Gift Shop
The construction consists of a cast-in-place concrete frame with a brick and marble exterior and plastered brick inside the walls — all materials and construction technologies typical to the region.
Arrasmith, Judd, Rapp, Chovan, Inc. provided complete architectural and engineering design.